COVID-19 CLEANING AND OPERATIONAL POLICY
LODGE ENTRANCES AND PUBLIC AREAS
• Social distancing applies everywhere including public areas and outside entrances.
• To support the Government’s essential emergency measures we are required to monitor the number of people entering our premises and using our lobby to ensure social distancing rules are observed.
• Please help us by respecting social distancing and keep 2 metres (3 steps) apart from others. In some areas there are floor markers to assist with distancing.
• Please do not congregate in any of our public areas. This includes outside areas of the lodge and at entrances.
Are provided at primary entrances and key high traffic areas. ANTIBACTERIAL hand gel is available for all residents/guests to pick up from reception and is also included in the toiletries amenities pack which will now be available at reception in a sealed bag for each resident.
• Guests are encouraged to make use wash rooms for frequent handwashing as well as the hand gel provided at entrances.
• Hourly sanitization of all wash rooms, and common areas, door handles, etc. are performed in public areas.
• Staff members will remain behind the desk and maintain social distancing of at least 2m (3 steps) between staff and guests. Visible markings on the floor will help staff members to ask guests to adhere to this.
• Desk tops and Desk Equipment (e.g. keyboard, mouse, POS) and reception counter will be sanitized regularly and ongoing.
• Guests are requested to USE CARD PAYMENTS ONLY- POS machines will be wiped down with a before and after each guest use.
• Staff instructed where possible not to handle the guests’ payment card and always remind them to use contactless, with new POS terminals. In the event that contactless is not possible, then the card will be wiped with disinfectant wipe before and after use.
• Rooms are PRE-ALLOCATED based on the PMS (property management system) and cannot be changed
• Room keys are disinfected with sanitizer prior to each guest using the key. Guests are encouraged to leave the key at reception to be sanitize each time they leave the building.
• Pens will be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe after each guest use – Guests are encouraged to use their own pen when possible. Pens are not shared between reception staff members and or guests without sanitizing first
• Where guests require luggage assistance, Reception staff members will take guest to luggage store/room - practicing social distancing - ensuring the luggage handle is sanitized before carrying.
• Receptionist will wear PPE when front facing, use gloves as necessary and a minimum of a face mask at all times.
• All rooms are locked down once cleaned after previous guest departure and status change made within our PMS system, therefore reception will only allocate lockdown rooms to incoming guests.
• BEDROOM ENTRY RESTRICTED. No access will be made to the bedroom during a guest stay, unless requested. Housekeeping or Maintenance staff members will only enter the bedroom on the guest’s request, to re service the bedroom or fix a reported maintenance issue.
If a member of staff has to enter a bedroom whilst the room is occupied the staff member will wear PPE.
During servicing of rooms, the following, in addition to normal cleaning procedure will be performed:
1 MAIN ROOM, sanitization of door handles, doors, wardrobes, draws, furniture inside and out.
2 BATHROOMS, Toilet flush handles (flush) & seats, taps, towel rails, bins, shower screens/ curtains, tissue boxes, amenities baskets to be cleaned and sanitized. Guest amenities, (Soap, shower gel etc. will be dispensed at reception as a pack which will include sanitizer)
3 IN ROOM FACILITIES, television, air conditioner, remote controls, telephone, hairdryer, coat hangers, iron & ironing boards, fridges, heaters, tea tray, glassware etc. all to be washed and sanitized
4 HARD SURFACES Tables, Desks, Wardrobes, Headboards with sanitizer
5 ALL COLLATERAL from bedrooms will be removed this includes pen, paper, notepad and guest directory, to be issued on request by guest from reception.
• WASHING OF LAUNDRY. All laundry (bedsheets, mattress protectors, pillow cases, pillow case protectors, duvets, duvet covers and towels) is subject to a 4 stage washing procedure and washed separately to laundry from other departments. Stage 1, spotting with a chemical stain remover, stage 2, disinfection on a 40c cycle with proprietary bleach, stage 3, main wash with commercial detergent at 60c and stage 4, hot rinse with fabric softener. All laundry is tumble dried and ironed.
RESTAURANT, BAR AND FOOD SERVICE
The lounge and bar areas, bar stools and lounge chairs will be place at 2 meters apart.
• Table service will be offered, signatures for food and beverage are required.
• Table service only- guests will not be permitted to stand at bars
• Tables and chairs will be positioned 2 meters apart where possible
• Menus will be limited, until we are able to offer a broader range of dishes, menus will be laminated so that they can easily be sanitized between service.
• WASHING OF LAUNDRY. All laundry (Table cloths and napkins) is subject to a 4 stage washing procedure and washed separately to laundry from other departments. Stage 1, spotting with a chemical stain remover, stage 2, disinfection on a 40c cycle with proprietary bleach, stage 3, main wash with commercial detergent at 60c and stage 4, hot rinse with fabric softener. All laundry is tumble dried and ironed.
• Increased frequency of cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces and shared spaces after each guest use
• Staff members serving will be wearing PPE
• Cutlery, crockery and glassware is cleaned and disinfected after each guest use, in an industrial washer at a temperature exceeding 75C
• Linen table cloths still to be used, but changed completely after each sitting.
• Tables will be set with bare minimum tableware, paper serviettes are offered in place of napkins, if guests require.
• No buffet service will be permitted
• Open displays of food will not be permitted
ANTIBACTERIAL hand gel is available for all guests at disinfection stations or to pick up from reception included in the toiletries amenities pack.
• HOURLY CHECKS of all wash rooms, cloakrooms, staircases, door handles etc. in public areas